The Building located at 175 Badhuisweg was built in 1895. It is located in an urban conservation area known as Westbroekparkweg and Belgische Park, the latter being a 19th-century villa park in the Hague. The villa was built in the 'eclectic style': architecture chracterised by its combination of neo-styles. The building was altered and expanded several times. The architect of the house is F.A. Koch (1864 - 1935). The government of the Netherlands Antilles purchased the building in 1955. It has served as the residence of the Minister Plenipotentiary of the Netherlands Antilles who represents the Netherlands Antilles in the Council of Ministers of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.