KLM Miniature 89
No tax Shipped within 5 working days
Secured order and payment
All parcels sent insured
AMSTELVEEN, 8 October 2008 â€“ A new KLM Delft Blue house is being issued to mark our 89th anniversary on October 7. The building selected to be the 89th KLM House is The Secretarishuisje (town clerkâ€™s house) at Muurhuizen 109 in Amersfoort. It was built in the first half of the 16th century on the foundations of the first wall. It is a typical wall house and is one of a ring of medieval houses in the city centre. Almost every period since then has left traces on its faÃ§ade. The masonry and wall anchors date from the late Middle Ages. During the early 17th century, the house was â€˜updatedâ€™ with various Renaissance elements. It was purchased by Jan Both Hendriksen, the town clerk, in 1776 and has been known since then as the Secretarishuisje. The typically 18th-century sash windows and the front door with the beautifull Rococo knob date from this time. During the 19th and 20th centuries, the house fell into disrepair. In 1953, it came into possession of the Municipality of Amersfoort and was restored by architect C.W. Royaards. The house is currently being rented to city dwellers.